Tuesday, March 26, 2013

For words and hope

There is something marvelous about fantasy. By its very definition it takes us beyond ourselves and what we can experience to something entirely new. Even if it is not a new place, or a new story, very rarely is there nothing new to be found.
I adore fantasy in all its forms. Most of my writing is fantastical in some fashion or another, from the magically -saturated world of the Empire of Wolves, to the monsters in the Besetting Shadows setting, there is something about it that is far more inspirational to me than anything in cold reality.
I am a Christian, and quite unabashed about it; and I hold that creation--in word, or otherwise--is among the highest orders of praise that can be awarded. Just as imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so is imitating the Great Creator the most sincere praise that can be performed.

I write because it brings me joy to create, and writing is my most natural inclination. This blog will be a space for me to dump random tidbits, character sketches, or just to write about something (or nothing, as the case may be).
Grace and Peace,
-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment